Legacy of the Gods: The Origin of Sacred Sites and the Rebirth of Ancient Wisdom
Ancient texts throughout the world speak of sacred sites as living entities where people contact the invisible universe to discover the secret wisdom of the ages. Evidence shows that these places of power are built at magnetically sensitive locations and according to an ancient prescription that is capable of altering states of consciousness.
In Legacy of the Gods, leading expert on sacred sites, Freddy Silva examines the origins of sacred places and takes readers to the most significant sites of the ancient world---from Stonehenge, Angkor Wat, Kurwah Tahit in New Zealand, and Petra, to the Vatican and Tibet. He offers a wide-ranging exploration of the planning behind temple building, the spiritual technology employed by various groups of adepts, and the secret wisdom contained in these sites that have survived over thousands of years.
* What is sacred space and where does it come from?
* Understanding the power of sacred mountains.
* Sacred centers--why entire cities of veneration grew up around these temples
* The experience of altered states of consciousness at sacred sites.
* Why periods of temple-building preceded climate changes
* The Knights Templar, and other groups who continued to keep the wisdom alive
Legacy of the Gods is an engaging mix of archaeology, mythology, sacred geometry, history, and folklore. It's the ultimate guide to the secret wisdom of sacred sites.