Burning resin incense is altogether a different experience. Resins are included in the indirect burning incense category. This means that resins do not contain any combustible material in them and require an external source of heat to burn. Charcoal and burning embers are usually used as an external source of heat.
Below we have listed the best possible way of burning resins using charcoal and how to experience the magic of its aroma –
- Take a vessel designed specifically for burning resin or else you pick up a bowl available at your home, which you don’t mind getting damaged. Fill it up with sand, ash, or salt; they help absorb the charcoal’s heat.
- For the resins to burn efficiently, you need to ensure that the coal gets burned completely. Lighting just the edges leads to inefficient burning of coal, and the fire quickly fizzles out.
- Always use tongs to handle the burning charcoal, never do it with bare hands or even with gloves.
- Sprinkle or place a few pieces of resin over the charcoal and let it melt and burn. Use a minimal amount of resin that is enough to last for 15-20 mins. Make sure you don’t add much as that might hamper the experience.
- Once, it starts giving out amazingly fragrant and intoxicating smoke, witness magic taking place in front of your eyes.
- Pick up the bowl and allow the smoke to permeate every nook and corner of the house. You can also chant or speak out mantras while doing this activity.
- Experiment with different types of resins depending upon the mood and your requirement. If you want to ward off negative energy from the house, you can try using Frankincense and Myrrh resin. Dragon’s Blood can be used for productivity and mood upliftment, while Benzoin can be used for health benefits such as better blood circulation.
Whether you burn it for spiritual reasons or some other, burning resin incense is a delightful experience. The scent from resins not only creates long-lasting memories, but it transports and transforms you with its sensory magic.
Check out our Herbs, Resins and Naturals selection for the very best in unique products. Palo Santo, Mugwort, Cinnamon, Sage, Peppermint, French Lavender, Chamomile, etc.