Florida Water has been around since the 1800’s. It is known for its refreshing citrus smell and its strong cleansing properties. Often called “The most popular perfume in the world”, it was named after the legendary Fountain of Youth, which is purported to have been located in Florida.
Radiance Gifts has become the place for Florida Water in Winnipeg.
Florida Water was first introduced in North America in 1808 and contains a blend of dissolved essential oils, including lemon oil, orange oil and lavender oil.
In the 1880s and 1890s, Murray & Lanman Florida Water was advertised as “The Richest of all Perfumes” and “The Most Popular Perfume in the World." Although now obscure to most of the general American population, Florida Water remained popular among South American and Caribbean cultures. It was incorporated into magical and ritual traditions, including hoodoo.
Men and women alike benefited from the refreshing properties it possessed. Said to cure a headache, soothe a fever and scent a home, the benefits of Florida Water were hailed by all. Its strong magical properties have made it a staple in Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria and Wicca practices.
- Enhance Cleansings: Add to spiritual baths to enhance spiritual cleansings.
- Protection Cologne: Wear as a cologne for a protective shield that leaves a delicate scent.
- Repel Negativity: Mist in the environment to repel negative energy and negative spirits.
- Attract Good Spirits: Mist in the environment to attract good spirits.
- Add to Floor Washes: Add to floor washes for its cleansing and blessing properties.
- Use as an Offering: Place a bottle on your altar as an offering to the Spirits;
- Wash Lodestones: Use to wash a pair of lodestones in preparation for use.
- Ancestral Offering: Add a few drops to a bowl of water and place on your ancestral altar as an offering to your ancestors.
- After Shower Rubdown: Use after showering for an exhilarating rubdown and toner.
- As an Astringent: Use as an astringent and skin lotion to tone the skin, leaving it with a feeling of freshness.
- Rubdown for the Infirm: As a rubdown for the sick, Florida Water has a beneficial, stimulating effect similar to alcohol rubs but much more pleasant due to its aromatherapeutic qualities.
- Relief from Insect Bites: Applied to insect bites it provides some relief.
- Antianxiety Relief: For high anxiety it can be applied to the forehead and used as a rubdown, providing some relief for nervous tension.
- Cleanse and Bless Candles: Use to cleanse and bless candles prior to use (be sure the candles are completely dry before lighting). *CAUTION: Florida Water is highly flammable. Use extreme caution when working with it.
- Cleanse Ritual Tools: Use to wipe down altars and altar items to keep free from negative energy.
- Spirit Communication: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it to aid in spirit communication through fire.
- Energize Money Works: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it, then place your hands over the flames warming them before engaging in money drawing activities like working and gambling.
- Holy Water: Pray the 23rd Psalm over it and use in place of Holy Water.
- Spirit Receptivity: Periodically spray a little on your altar to keep it receptive to the spirits.
- Dream Work: Place some in a crystal bowl with spring water next to your bed for prophetic dreams.
- Attraction Spray: Combine basil and patchouli essential oils, Florida water and a lodestone to a spray bottle for a wonderful attraction spray.
- Foot Bath: Use in foot washings by adding to a tub of water, washing the feet with the Florida water enhanced foot bath, then anointing the feet with rose oil while praying the 23rd Psalm.
- Hair Rinse: Add to rinse water after shampooing to clear the head of heavy thoughts.
- Face Spritz: Keep in a spray bottle in the refrigerator for a rejuvenating face spritz during the hot days of summer.
- Doll Baby Baptism: Use to baptize doll babies by sprinkling on the doll’s head.
- Laundry rinse: Add a quarter cup to your laundry rinse water to both cleanse and bless your clothes.
- Scrying Jar: Pour 1/2 Florida Water into a jar half filled with river water and use for divination.
- Pendulum Rinse: Use to rinse pendulums after readings to clear and prepare them for subsequent readings.
- Bless Animal Companions: Anoint your furry friend’s foreheads with just a dab to bless them.
- St. Francis Blessing: Take it a step further by rinsing a St. Francis medal with Florida Water and add the medal to your pet’s collar or hang from an aquarium or bird cage for protection and good health.